Thursday, April 11, 2013

The First Time Ever I saw The House

Picture it
Prince Edward Island
Summer 1968
I was one year old. Mom, Dad, Granny and I went to the house, my first visit ever. We crossed the Strait on either the MV Charlottetown or the MV Prince Edward Island, I'm not sure. I can't remember quite that far back.  
Mom, Dad and I, and we are leaning on Dad's 1964 Ford Galaxie.
Mom and Dad and me
 Dad and me
As always, the first job was to cut the grass. They stuck me in a pile of fresh hay from the front yard.
 Nice shot of the old cellar hatch in the background.

The grass looks like its cut and cleaned up now so these must have been taken later, still in the front yard, under the Mock Orange, which is still there.




 I have posted this photo before. Its from the same trip.
 
We visited Woodleigh Replicas



...Green Gables...
(That's Granny with Dad and me)
...and Rainbow Valley. That is Cliff, Gertie and Shannon Bell with us. Cliff worked at MCA/ EPA/ Canadian Air with Dad for decades and we often took summer trips together when I was growing up.
We also went to the beach

This is my 200th blogpost!
More old photos to come

1 comment:

  1. That's neat to see, all those pictures from your first trip. You all look the same now as you did then :-) (except you are a little taller I think)

    ReplyDelete