Thursday, April 4, 2013

Jimmy Smith's House

Every time I'm home I make a trek up to Hopefield and check in on Jimmy Smith's place. I have about 30 years of photographs of the house as it has gotten closer and closer to falling in. I could see a big difference in it from last July. The east wall is splitting and it is leaning further to the east. Plus a lot of the kitchen wall on the front is gone now. I really don't think it will be up much longer.






















It is 35 years this year since Jimmy passed away and the house has been empty. It is still a magnificent house.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you can definitely tell, even from far away, that the centre of the house has sunk in a lot since the summer. The deterioration seems to accelerate every year. What a shame

    ReplyDelete