Saturday, April 13, 2013

More Memories

If you didn't know me and saw all these baby photographs your response might be "I didn't know Winston Churchill was ever on the Island!?!"
 
One more from the summer of '68 that I just found. Me at Woodleigh Replicas, or is that Winston in an English country village? Close call.

Big Walter on the left and Little Walter (my Dad) on the right. Yes, I got that right. Big Walter was Dad's mother's brother, who Dad was named after. I think this was the late '80s.
Linda, Grammy, Walter and Grampy, about 1982.
Ola, Fred, Jim Burtt, Jim Porter, Grammy and Myrtle

Jim, Ola, Betty, Walter, Grampy, Grammy, Carl and Loreen. This was the summer that I was staying with Grammy and Grampy and he had a reaction to his heart medicine in the night. The neighbour Murdena MacLean drove us to Montague Hospital. He recovered and went back to the house after a few days. Everybody came home later that summer.
 
Rachelle, Jenifer, Shawn, Michael, Christopher, Kristen on my lap, Todd, Tanya, Andrea, Tara and Breck, same day as above. 

Joan and Dan (not shown) and their kids came home that summer too. In fact, they were there on my 15th birthday, July 28th 1982. Funny the stuff you (or maybe just I) remember.

One more. This is about 1969 or '70.

From left and along the back, Jim Porter, Jim Burtt, Jim Munn, Ola, Thane, Donna, Audrey, Carl and Keir.
 
In front is Todd, Kelvin, Gary, Blair (or Blair and Gary) Grammy, Dad, Derrick, me and Grampy.  
 
Below is what that same corner looks like now, if you are wondering where this is.

1 comment: