Monday, April 28, 2014

Second Wind

It has been so long since I posted, I don't know if anyone will read this. There are a number of reasons for the hiatus. One is that my job has evolved over the past year and has been very intense. I poured all of my energy into it, and now that has leveled out, I feel like I can take a deep breath and think about other things again.
 
Two: I have not pursued any projects on the house for a while to catch up and pay off the bills I incurred for the work so far.  
 
Three: Maybe its good to take a breather and let the dust settle a bit before moving forward. Mom and Dad have been working away, and got a lot done since I was there last July. But it has been a long winter as everybody knows. With spring comes a fresh look at what is left to do, and renewed energy to get it done. Priorites have surfaced, and its time to get rolling again.
 
So, I am planning for the 2014 projects, drawing plans, making calls, ordering materials, and lining up contractors. I will describe the projects and update their progress between now and when I get there in August. Hopefully some projects will get done before I get there, and I am already planning the projects I want to do while there. This is the beginning of the big final push to substantially finish the house. There will always be things to do, but my goal is to have all of the major work complete this year. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment