Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Updated Look

Last night I was looking at James' photographs that I posted yesterday and really liked the picture of the porch, and thought it might be time to update the look of ther blog a little. Hope everybody likes it.
 
I've discovered a company on-line called allposters.ca that you can send a photograph to, and they will print it on a stretched canvas. It is a great way to turn photographs into art. Last week I sent them this photograph. I plan on sending more if this one turned out well.  

It was delivered to Mom and Dad a few days ago. I had it enlarged to about 2 x 3 feet, and I intend it to go over the west doorway in the kitchen on the high wall. Hopefully it will fill the space. I remember the day this was taken. We had just arrived as Uncle Jim Burtt was repairing the shingles above the porch roof. I think he and Grampy had just finished reshingling the kitchen roof with asphalt shingles (the same shingles that were removed in 2010. They lasted a good long time and didn't owe us anything!). Thats me on the ladder (I was 10 at the time), my cat Tiger with Mom on the step by the kitchen door. Carl, Audrey and Dad standing, with Ola and Jim sitting. Another Uncle Jim, Dad's younger brother, took the photo. It is the summer of 1977. Mom was about 4 months along with my brother Christopher at the time. I like it because there is so much going on, and reminds me of what it was like when there was a big crowd staying there. You can almost hear all of the conversations, and the voices from the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment