Monday, August 19, 2013

Then it was my Birthday

My great friend Janet came over from Halifax and visited with us. We used to work on projects when I lived in Springhill many years ago. We haven't been very good at keeping in constant contact, but we pick up where we left off when we see each other. Thank you Janet for coming over, it was great to see you.  

She took this of me while we talked and looked through old books and cauht up on life.

 Self portrait on my 46th birthday
I didn't know he was gong to do this, but David mailed the big framed photograph of my great-great-grandfather Dan Munn to me. I had mentioned one time that I'd like to have it at the house. It was hanging in Nebraska. I have had this framed picture for 30 years. I had the picture blown up and was hanging first in my bedroom in Elmsdale when I was 16.
My Dad 
Lillies 
Dad is always working on clearing the trees along the line 

Mom and Dad took me to Brehaut's for dinner and then we drove around all the dirt back roads in the area. We walked through the Murray River Pioneet Cemetery.  

Then we had a look at the new dam 


Dad and I painted the shelf brackets for the kitchen. Hopefully they will be installed soon.
This is the pld pantry cabinet that we ripped out of the wall when we were tearing the house apart. Dad took it apart, repaired, sanded and painted it, and it was installed just this past weekend in the basement bathroom. More to come. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment