Friday, August 9, 2013

Just Photographs of the Place

I took these July 22nd. No particular reason other than to record the state of the house and land. When I'm homesick I look at pictures like these and see how far we have come.
After 2 years of trying to get the trim in the peaks painted, finally Dad found someone to do it. Looks great, and the outside looks complete.
Poor old garage is still there




These are the apple trees that David gave me for my birthday last year. We have apples!


The outhouse is leaning. I have to address that in the near future. I want to put a new foundation under it and reshingle it in cedar, roof and all. It will be the best little outhouse on PEI
I like taking pictures early in the morning. The shadows are long and the ground is covered in dew.










The lillies are really happy
The corner garden is filling in nicely
The new Peonie bushes. Each are a different color. This will eventually fill in as a hedge. We will install the old pump at the end as yard art.
The old front porch door served as the step platform from this door, but it fell apart, so I took some more chimney bricks from the pile and put this temporary walk there. I plan on building a wooden deck, 8 feet wide, that will wrap around the corner.




The dining room table is beautiful. Thanks again Jim.












All for now. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment