Friday, June 24, 2011

New Format

Just like the red trim on the house, I've grown tired of the red background of the blog so I decided to update it. It's a new phase in the the history of the house after all. The goal of saving the house is complete, my parents are living there, and the fun stuff like finishes, colours and details are getting layered over the fresh construction and original features are being restored. For instance, Dad is repairing and puttying the remaining original windows. They are both talented and thorough house fixers. They certainly have had a lot of practice over the last 46 years (it was their anniversary last Sunday). 

This blog is about looking back, watching change, and implementing the vision. My hope is that the more it changes, the more it stays the same. I think it's working out.

The background image is from a slide my grandfather took in 1964. It's been on the blog a few times before because it's just about my favourite picture of the house and reminds me of what it was like from my earliest memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment