Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Next Phase Begins!

Old George's house is about to get put back together again. I was talking with Mike McCarthy, my general contractor, just now, and he will begin framing the additions tomorrow!
WWGT (What Would George Think?)

Mike will begin with the floor structure of the front porch and then the bathroom floor on the back. He will then move to the new back porch to give a little time to Gordy to get the basement slab poured through there. The plumbing is roughed in and the radiant floor tubing is in place in the basement. Weather permitting, the framing should go up pretty quickly. Mike promises that the roof will get completely replaced as well as all of the cedar wall shingles yet this fall. It is too late to do any painting of the trim so that will be my job when I'm there next spring. The good thing is, all of the new trim will be pre-primed so getting it sealed this fall isn't an issue. The shingles will not be painted or stained anyway and will be left to weather naturally. Within the next week or so I should have photos of additions!

Below are some more old photos I found. I took these in 1995, the last time Grammy was there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment