Monday, October 4, 2010

Chicago on the weekend

This is a little departure from the house, but I thought I would post this because of the Island connection. My entire firm, BVH Architects, flew to Chicago for the weekend for a retreat, tours, good eating and great drinking. One unexpected discovery was to find the old Abegweit ferry. It is now the Columbia Yacht Club. You can see it in the shot below, far below the balcony of this new building we toured.






We toured the Chicago Tribune Tower. Below is a bunch of BVHer's just before we went in, and I'm taking a picture of my friend Kristine and myself.







Dolly went too. We had lunch at Gino's, a landmark for Chicago deep dish pizza. The walls are covered with decades of graffiti so Dolly left our mark too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment