Thursday, October 14, 2010

THE BIG DIG


Mom, Dad and Christopher visited the house on Tuesday to take a look at the progress. The forms were being placed for the footings, and they should be poured by now. It was lucky they got there when they did. The contractor removed the pump that day, and Dad was able to store it in the garage. As you can see, they made a new "driveway" to the field so they can get the equipment and materials in and out. That pile by the woods is the styrofoam form components for the basement walls. The sandstone from the old foundation is stacked by the garage. I'll use that to rebuild the garden wall by the road. 

The house looks great and the photos are wonderful! Thanks so much Chris for taking these and sending to me. I feel better now.















I can't stay away. David and I will be there in two weeks to check things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment