Friday, October 2, 2015

I was back in July

I came back to the Island in early July for a week and took these photos. Everything we planted was doing well.
 The lilac hedge we planed is doing well...
 ...and so are Dad's oak trees
 Dad and I pruned the maple down by the outhouse
The roof od the shed fell in over the winter due to snow, and Dad and Christopher have repaired it since I was there.   
 The apple trees are coming along.
 

 The bleeding heart is going crazy!
The white rose bush is happy. It blooms over and over again through the season.
 Peony
 Peonies
 Another peony and a hosta







   
 


  
 
 I had this chair reupholstered in the Stuart of Bute tartan in May 
 down in the village




 the dam

 Dad, Christopher and I checked out the progress on the Cape Bear lighthouse. 

 
 We went up to Hopefield to look around the old place.


Christopher and I moved the china cabinet and suddenly there is a lot more room in the dining room.   
  


 The mock orange was just about to explode with blooms when I was leaving.
My cousin Tom flew over to Charlottetown and picked me up in his plane. I stayed with him in Moncton for a couple of days before coming back to Nebraska.
 
Now its October. I will be back on the Island again in a few days. as always, I am counting down the days and hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment