Sunday, October 12, 2014

Final Photo Shoot

I took the following photos on Saturday August 23rd, the day before we came back to Nebraska. I wanted to capture as much as I could, so I took over 200 photographs this day. I won't post them all, but a lot of them! I'll divide into categories. First is the exterior. Many are very similar, but each says something a little different about the house. I want to sense of walking around the house and seeing from every angle. It helps to burn it into my memory, and I can come here and visit anytime.

 David dead-heading the lilies and prepping for fall.

 The deck is done!

























We salvaged the steps that were at the kitchen porch and Dad and I put them at the back door, replacing the 2 wobbly wooden boxes that you had to carefully step on to get into this door. Its not the final solution but its better and safer than what was there. Later I'll post what this side of the house will eventually look like, with a covered porch and large deck.






taking a break

David moved some plants and I widened the walkway with more bricks to make it easier to access the handrail on the steps.

I bolted the bench to the deck
Got a final coat of paint on the rail


The outhouse is going to need an intervention. Dad and I are planning that for next year.









Dad planted 3 oak trees last fall, and they are growing. you can see 2 in the above photograph.
The old garage foundation makes a nice enclosed garden area. We will do something with it next year.



Above is the white rose bush I got at the nursery in Wood Islands. It will eventually fill the area behind the bench and you will be able to smell and enjoy it while sitting on the bench.
A close-up of a rose. I love lots of colour and contrast in everything but flowers. I like flowers to be white for some reason. Other colours are great, but white is perfect, at least to me.
There is still parts of the old house in this stack, like a couple of kitchen and pantry cabinets that we have yet to reassemble and install. That will come.
 
Next I'll post photographs of the interior

No comments:

Post a Comment