Sunday, July 29, 2012

To The Island & Back, Part IX

On the 6th, Jim and Marcia left, and Janice, Sarah, James and Lawrence arrived. We worked in the yard, getting plants planted around the house. Below are some of the plants I got for Mom for Mother's Day. David bought some Day Lilies 2 years ago and we had them growing down by the outhouse. David separated them and planted them around the house as well.
This retaining wall is complete
We got started on the retaining wall at the new driveway
On Saturday the 7th, we went to the annual car show at the Brudenell River Resort. I went only once before, when it was held at the old Lobster Shanty North in Lower Montague, in 1983 with my grandparents.
Dad and I are both 1960's Ford fans
 This car is very similar to Mom's very first car, a 1950 Plymouth.

My favourite car, 1964 Galaxie. This is what Dad had when I was born. 
Dolly's favourite was this 1960 Impala
Dad likes the tractors
Another '64 Galaxie
Sweet
Mom's maiden initials were MG, and she always wanted the car with her initials.
James and a '57 Chevy
Yet another '64 Galaxie, this time a convertible, with it's original paint. This is my dream car.
We got back to the house and David worked some more on the retaining wall.
 hard, dirty work
 It's a good thing we have a tub now

I started work on the walkway to the front door. We reused the concrete pad that used to be at the front door. We had it placed further out from the house so the steps land on it. I'll eventually replace the steps with a more permanent stoop, with railings. I am using old chimney bricks for the walkways.
I placed the birdbath in the center of the well yard
The retaining wall at the back is looking good.
We planted Mom's garden. It can be seen from their bedroom, the dining room, Butler's Pantry, back hall and upstairs back bedroom.
Lilies and Bishop's Weed at the back of the house
That evening, James brought out his guitar and sang Johnny Cash songs. He is really good. Sarah also sang and is also truly talented. It was a great night. Thanks to you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment