Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mom and Dad's Former Home in Springhill

Before moving to the Island, Mom and Dad were caretakers of Springhouse for about 3 years, a B&B for the families of Springhill Prison inmates, and lived on-site. Before that, they had a 3 storey Victorian house that they lived in for about 15 years, see below. 
 They restored the interior and made many changes and upgrades. Christopher finished High School there, and both of my grandmothers lived out there lives there. I also lived there for a time, and converted the third floor into my office when I had my own design consultancy in the late 90's. Last week, the house had a fire. We don't know the full extent of the damage yet, but I found an article briefly describing the fire on-line. My parents put so much into the place and it's sad think it may be lost. Click on the link for the article:

No comments:

Post a Comment