Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'll be there tomorrow

First of all, I'd like to share that on the weekend David and I went to the high school graduation party for Alex, the son of our friends Michelle and Jim. Alex had always wanted to wear a kilt to his graduation, and I happen to have uncle Ray's kilt, so I let Alex borrow it for the occasion. It is our clan plaid, Stuart of Bute. It was really nice to see someone enjoy it.
 
Our friends Bruce and Jane, who Mom and Dad know, went with us. That's Jane with Alex, above, and Jane with her and Bruce's daughter Shawna and her husband Jim, below.
Carter and Arnold went to the house last night to deliver four mattress and box spring sets from Arnold's motel, The Bay Vista Motel, very near Anne of Green Gables. Check out his website: Bay Vista Motel.

The seam-filling is under way but not quite finished yet. Dad moves in the house today with the moving truck full of their stuff, and Mom moves in tomorrow after picking me up at the Moncton airport. We should be there for dinner. I don't think I'll be able to update the blog while I'm there but I'm back in Nebraska on June 8th so look for lots of fresh pictures and the story of the move-in on June 9th.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment