Friday, March 20, 2015

Mom and Dad have been married 50 years

It will be Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary on June 19th. I will be on the Island in May so we are having a celebration while I'm there. I am inviting family and friends to come, so if I missed you and you want to be there, let me know!
 
Pictures from their wedding. Grampy took most of these, except for the ones that he is in.
 
They were married on June 19th 1965 in Springhill, Nova Scotia. Mom is from Leamington, a small village just outside Springhill, and Granny lived in Springhill then.


Grampy, Grammy, Mom's niece Debby, Mom's sister Nina, Dad, Mom, Mom's brother-in-law Bob Machum, Mom's brother-in-law George Parks, and Granny



 Dad's Best Man was Mom's brother Russ, and Maid of Honour was Mom's sister Nina.
Uncle Ken, Nina's first husband, with Mom and Dad outside the church
 
Heading to Granny's little house after the reception
The little girl is Nina's daughter Judy
 
Dad's 1964 Ford Galaxie was a stunner. I loved that car.
 
I've posted this before, but its worth showing again. This is Mom and Dad that first summer they were married. Its taken in Uncle Danny and Aunt Winnie's front yard. I hope I have this story right. Danny and Winnie had a cat that just had kittens. Mom and Dad stopped in after leaving the house on their way to go back to Moncton. On the way to the boat, Mom made Dad turn around and go back for a kitten.

And 2011, just when they were moving into the house. How rare is it to get everybody to look the same way at the same time. This is one of my favourite pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment