Friday, March 22, 2013

I was home...

Now I'm back. I made a quick trip to the Island last Wednesday and got back here this Wednesday. I had a good visit with Mom and Dad, and got some projects done and underway while there.
 
I flew out of Lincoln at 6am, changed planes in Chicago, changed planes and went through customs in Montreal, and landed in Moncton at 5:30 pm. Marcia's son Alan met me at the airport, gave me Jim's Corolla, and I drove to the house, arriving 9:30pm. All in all a quick and painless trip, relatively speaking.  
The next moring the skies were clear and it was warmish. The grass is coming up and the house looks great.
 
I went to Charlottetown to do some shopping and other errands, and had to take a picture of Beaconsfield, the headquarters of the Prince Edward Island Museum and Heritage Foundation, of which I have been a member since 1982.
I also took a photo of the Lieutenant Governor's mansion Fanningbank. These are in my opinion the 2 finest houses on the Island, after the house at the River of course.
I went to Home Depot and ordered blinds for the bathroom, Mom and Dad's bedroom and the kitchen. I also picked out and got a quote on the subway tile and marble chair rail that will go into the basement bathroom. This is the marble chair rail below. I plan on getting that bathroom finished in the next couple of months.
 More on the trip to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment