Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Is It a Present for the House, or Mom?

We have gotten into the habit of giving presents, whether they are birthday, Christmas, etc. that are actually for the house, things that make living there easier. There are many details to be completed as I keep saying, so it made sense to give Mom something that would help her in the kitchen. The room is almost complete now, other than finding or having built the upper kitchen cabinets, blinds for the windows, and the ceiling fan, so I ordered the fan. 
It will hang from the top of the vaulted ceiling from an extended 2 foot long rod over the table to provide more light and air circulation for when the warm weather arrives. I like it for its nautical character, and the nice thing about it is, they sell it at Burke Electric in Charlottetown, so it is easy for Mom and Dad to pick it up the next time they are in Town. 

On another note, David and I have booked our tickets and will arrive at The River on June 26th, and Dolly is coming with us again! We will be there for 2 solid weeks. I am already trying to figure out what I want to accomplish while we are there. This will be more of a vacation than when Dolly came with us before and I want to show her, and David, around the Island. When we were there together 2 years ago, seeing Anne of Green Gables was not on the agenda. We were kinda busy, see below.
I myself have not done much exploring of the Island for a long time because the trips over the last three or more years were devoted to the house project. However, I think we will tackle some landscaping and I hope to build at least 2 of the four stone retaining walls that the grounds will eventually have. This will require moving some of the old foundation sandstone.
Those are some very big, very heavy stones!
So if you are coming to the Island when we are there, and happen to have a Bobcat, bring it along. 

I'll soon be posting the plans for the landscaping and walls, and I'm assuming I'll totally redesign it once I get there and get a feel for the lay of the land, which has been graded, filled and changed since I was there last June. 

No comments:

Post a Comment