Tuesday, April 19, 2011

30 years ago today

April 19th, 1981, Easter Sunday, was the day of my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party. It was held at their house in Lakeburn, New Brunswick. I remember the house was filled with family, friends and food. For me personally that is when I got interested in the family genealogy, because the old photographs of the family were brought out, and I was fascinated by how people looked, what they were doing and where they came from. For me, that was when I started to appreciate what it is to be a Munn, and it has always made me proud. 

The picture below was taken that day. 
This was also taken at the party. That's Carl, Dad and Jim at the back, and Ola, Betty and Loreen in front.
The picture below was taken at Myrtle and Jim's about 1965.
I've posted a couple of these before, but they are worth re-posting. Below is a picture I took at the River in 1979 with my new Polaroid Instamatic.
I took this photo but can't remember where we were going. We were all dressed up for something. It's about 1982 or '83.
1943 in Hopefield in front of their house
 About 1985

This last picture is the oldest. It was taken before they were married, in 1931.
Grampy passed away 5 years after the anniversary party, on April 3, 1986, after 55 years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment