Friday, March 25, 2011

Shingling

Mike sent me these pictures last night. The house is looking amazing as more and more shingles get installed. Thanks Mike. I'm so glad he sent me these because the house will change dramatically almost daily as the shingles go on and I lay awake at night wondering what is shingled now and I really appreciate the update. As you can tell I'm itching to get back there.
I think its time to get the tape off the windows.  James and I did that last July to help keep the window panes together for when the house was going to be lifted. It's solid as a rock now and not going anywhere.
The house hasn't looked this good probably since it was new. All of the trim will be a warm white, and the window sashes and doors will be a dark, almost black green. For now though the red doesn't look half bad.
 Beautiful work. It's coming along nicely.
This is the new awning window in the room below the kitchen, with it's trim. All of the new windows will have trim matching this. it's very simple and a little different than the trim of the rest of the house. I did this on purpose to show the difference and progression of the additions to the house over time, with the trim of the main house being the most decorative, with the head moulding at the tops of the windows and the front door. The window trim of the kitchen, which was an addition as well (between 1907 and 1916), is also different from the original, being a very thin quarter round edge around the windows.

This wall surface won't be shingled but will be textured stucco and painted Island Sandstone red. The frame will be white and sash will be green to match all of the windows and doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment