Friday, September 10, 2010

UPDATE

It has been a while since I posted anything so I thought I would give an update. We are exploring what it would cost to use insulated concrete forms (ICF) for the foundation. That is the system where the formwork is styrofoam and remains after the concrete is poured, insulating the basement. The exterior styrofoam around the foundation then gets a stucco-like finish, and I'll have it colored to match Island Sandstone. I hope to hear back any time now and the foundation can begin. The site has power now. I made a couple of changes while waiting. Couldn't help myself. I removed the window in the stair on the north side and added three skylights in the hall. Better for security, and will allow daylight to brighten up the interior kitchen window below, where the sink is going to be.
I have been shopping for light fixtures, designing the kitchen and bathroom cabinets, making decisions on countertops, paint, flooring, all the fun stuff.
These images show how the house will look after a few years, when the copper color of the cedar turns to gray.
I am getting very anxious for all of this to get rolling again. Fall is coming fast. Hopefully I will have an update soon to say the work is under way. Keep watching

No comments:

Post a Comment