Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Monday July 5, 2010

Yeah, I know I'm behind, but I'm catching up. On Monday, Loreen, Danny and Betty went home. Thank you so much for all of your help. It was great to see you again, and next time we will be staying in the house!
Then Dolly, David and I went to Montague. I had some running around to do, and we also visited the Garden of the Gulf Museum, see below. It is the oldest museum in the province, and was originally the customs house for Montague. I got into a conversation with the curator Donna Collings and it turns out that she is the grand niece of George Lowe, the original owner of the house! We had a great chat and we will keep in touch.

Then back to the house to assess what we had done. The floor had a major sag in the middle between the Parlour and Dining Room when we started, worse than last year, but once the weight of the plaster was out for a day, the floor bounced back up again! We removed six and a half tons of material from the house and it is now ready for the new work to begin! The pantry will be coming off too but we ran out of room in the dumpster so the foundation contractor will remove that for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment